News - Announcements - Current Events
Things to Know
- IRSA Employment Opportunity: Settlement Worker
- Jun 17 2022
- Deadline to apply: 20 June 2022
Immigrant & Refugee Services Association PEI is hiring a temporary full-time settlement worker.
- DiverseCity Festival 2022
- May 18 2022
- Mark the dates!
IRSA's DiverseCity Festival returns this summer in five locations across Prince Edward Island, in its full free outdoor festival format.
- IRSA Offices in Charlottetown to Open to the Public
- Apr 14 2022
- Doors open on Wednesday, 20 April
IRSA offices in Charlottetown will fully reopen to serve new and existing clients and the general public. Summerside location will remain closed to the public and clients in the area will be served by appointment only for the time being.
- Islanders offering support to Ukrainian refugees
- Mar 16 2022
- Online signup form available now
IRSA has received numerous inquiries from people across the province looking to offer support to Ukrainians who may ultimately arrive in PEI as a direct result of the ongoing situation in Ukraine. We could not be more encouraged by the offers that we have been receiving from the public and are touched to see the outpouring of support.
Things to Do
- Canada School
- An orientation program to help newcomers adjust to life in Canada
- Canada School program is designed for newcomers to Canada who are new to PEI or have lived here for under two years, but all newcomers are welcome to participate. The program offers a series of presentations on various topics, delivered online or in person.
- Future Readiness Program
- One-on-one mentorship program for newcomer youth
- Are you between the ages of 15 and 18 and have questions about your future? You are not alone! Future Readiness is a program to help young people prepare for life after high school.
- Fresh Air Fridays
- Get some fresh air and explore PEI
- Join us for Fresh Air Fridays! Each week, we explore a new area of Prince Edward Island with newcomers who wish to get to know their new home better. Adults and children are welcome.