News - Announcements - Current Events
Things to Know
- IRSA Employment Opportunity: Settlement Worker (CLS Program)
- Dec 08 2021
- Deadline to apply: 17 December 2021
Immigrant & Refugee Services Association PEI is hiring two full-time temporary settlement workers for the Canadian Life Skills (CLS) Program.
- IRSA Announces New Executive Director
- Dec 03 2021
- Bernadette Reynolds to join the Association in December
The Board of Directors of the Immigrant & Refugee Services Association PEI is pleased to announce the appointment of a new Executive Director. Dr. Tina Saksida, President of the Board, has announced the hiring of Bernadette Reynolds.
- We've Changed Our Name
- Oct 01 2021
- PEIANC is now IRSA
As of October 1, 2021, PEI Association for Newcomers to Canada (PEIANC) has officially changed its name and will from now on be known as Immigrant and Refugee Services Association PEI - IRSA.
- Supporting refugees from Afghanistan arriving in Prince Edward Island
- Sep 15 2021
- Find out how you can help
PEI Association for Newcomers to Canada is calling on the Island community to offer a helping hand in welcoming and supporting refugees from Afghanistan arriving in Prince Edward Island.
Things to Do
- Canada School
- An orientation program to help newcomers adjust to life in Canada
- Canada School program is designed for newcomers to Canada who are new to PEI or have lived here for under two years, but all newcomers are welcome to participate. The program offers a series of presentations on various topics, delivered online or in person.
- Future Readiness Program
- One-on-one mentorship program for newcomer youth
- Are you between the ages of 15 and 18 and have questions about your future? You are not alone! Future Readiness is a program to help young people prepare for life after high school.
- Fresh Air Fridays
- Get some fresh air and explore PEI
- Join us for Fresh Air Fridays! Each week, we explore a new area of Prince Edward Island with newcomers who wish to get to know their new home better. Adults and children are welcome.