News - Announcements - Current Events
Things to Know
- IRSA Employment Opportunity: Settlement Worker
- Nov 28 2022
- Deadline to apply 2 December 2022
Immigrant & Refugee Services Association PEI is hiring a settlement worker for a full-time term position.
- Get Involved: Opportunity to Serve on IRSA Board of Directors
- Nov 24 2022
- We are looking for expressions of interest
Immigrant & Refugee Services Association PEI is seeking expressions of interest from people who would like to serve on the Board of Directors.
- In Memoriam: Craig Mackie (1950 - 2022)
- Nov 18 2022
- From the staff, management, and the board of IRSA
The staff, management, and board of directors of the Immigrant & Refugee Services Association were deeply saddened to hear of the passing of former Executive Director Craig Mackie on 2 November 2022. The courage that Craig displayed during his illness was exemplified by the manner he approached life, recognizing it as part of his journey through this world.
- Hurricane Fiona Response and Recovery
- Oct 03 2022
- Help and support updates
UPDATE: IRSA's phone lines and email service have been restored and its offices are open to the public as of Monday, October 3rd. The Government of Prince Edward Island is rolling out various programs to help Islanders impacted by hurricane Fiona. Check back for updates - we will add information to this post as it becomes available.
Things to Do
- Christmas Social 2022
- Join friends new and old to celebrate the holidays
- All are welcome to join IRSA staff and management for the annual Christmas Social! There will be seasonal refreshments for everyone, activities, music, and a special visit from Santa!
- Canada School
- An orientation program to help newcomers adjust to life in Canada
- Canada School program is designed for newcomers to Canada who are new to PEI or have lived here for under two years, but all newcomers are welcome to participate. The program offers a series of presentations on various topics, delivered online or in person.
- Future Readiness Program
- One-on-one mentorship program for newcomer youth
- Are you between the ages of 15 and 18 and have questions about your future? You are not alone! Future Readiness is a program to help young people prepare for life after high school.