News - Announcements - Current Events
Things to Know
- IRSA Employment Opportunity: Manager of Community Engagement Services
- Mar 02 2023
- Deadline to apply: 15 March
IRSA is looking for a full-time Manager of the Community Engagement Services (CES). This is a term position (a leave-of-absence replacement). The job focuses on making connections between newcomers and the established Island community through events, meetings, and other activities, and leading the CES team.
- An Urgent Appeal to Islanders: Host a Family from Ukraine
- Feb 01 2023
- More Ukrainians expected to arrive in PEI
We are appealing to Island residents to consider becoming hosts for Ukrainians fleeing the war in their country. With winter in full swing and much of the heating and water supply infrastructure no longer functional in Ukraine, many who thought they could stay in their country with the ongoing war are now forced to flee.
- Get Involved: Opportunity to Serve on IRSA Board of Directors
- Nov 24 2022
- We are looking for expressions of interest
Immigrant & Refugee Services Association PEI is seeking expressions of interest from people who would like to serve on the Board of Directors.
- In Memoriam: Craig Mackie (1950 - 2022)
- Nov 18 2022
- From the staff, management, and the board of IRSA
The staff, management, and board of directors of the Immigrant & Refugee Services Association were deeply saddened to hear of the passing of former Executive Director Craig Mackie on 2 November 2022. The courage that Craig displayed during his illness was exemplified by the manner he approached life, recognizing it as part of his journey through this world.
Things to Do
- Learn About Canadian Taxes and Tax Benefits
- CRA Resources for Newcomers to Canada
- Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) has developed resources to support newcomers to Canada — sign up for a webinar, or check out videos, factsheets and infographics. Some resources are available in multiple languages.
- Canada School
- An orientation program to help newcomers adjust to life in Canada
- Canada School program is designed for newcomers to Canada who are new to PEI or have lived here for under two years, but all newcomers are welcome to participate. The program offers a series of presentations on various topics, delivered online or in person.
- Future Readiness Program
- One-on-one mentorship program for newcomer youth
- Are you between the ages of 15 and 18 and have questions about your future? You are not alone! Future Readiness is a program to help young people prepare for life after high school.