News - Announcements - Current Events
Things to Know
- We've Changed Our Name
- Oct 01 2021
- PEIANC is now IRSA
As of October 1, 2021, PEI Association for Newcomers to Canada (PEIANC) has officially changed its name and will from now on be known as Immigrant and Refugee Services Association PEI - IRSA.
- Supporting refugees from Afghanistan arriving in Prince Edward Island
- Sep 15 2021
- Find out how you can help
PEI Association for Newcomers to Canada is calling on the Island community to offer a helping hand in welcoming and supporting refugees from Afghanistan arriving in Prince Edward Island.
- COVID-19 Vaccine
- Mar 10 2021
- The immunization program is underway
Every resident of Prince Edward Island who wants to be immunized against COVID-19 will have the opportunity to receive the vaccine in 2021. The vaccine will be free across Canada.
- COVID-19 Testing in PEI
- Dec 14 2020
- When and where to get tested
Testing can be done at either scheduled clinics by appointment or drop-in clinics with no appointment necessary.
Things to Do
- Canada School
- An orientation program to help newcomers adjust to life in Canada
- Canada School program is designed for newcomers to Canada who are new to PEI or have lived here for under two years, but all newcomers are welcome to participate. The program offers a series of presentations on various topics, delivered online or in person.
- Future Readiness Program
- One-on-one mentorship program for newcomer youth
- Are you between the ages of 15 and 18 and have questions about your future? You are not alone! Future Readiness is a program to help young people prepare for life after high school.
- Fresh Air Fridays
- Get some fresh air and explore PEI
- Join us for Fresh Air Fridays! Each week, we explore a new area of Prince Edward Island with newcomers who wish to get to know their new home better. Adults and children are welcome.