News - Announcements - Current Events
Things to Know
- IRSA COVID-19 update
- Jan 21 2022
- IRSA offices to remain closed to the public until 31 January 2022
To keep our staff and clients safe, we are following the latest recommendations from PEI Public Health.
- IRSA Employment Opportunity: Employment Specialist
- Jan 18 2022
- Deadline to Apply: 24 January 2022
IRSA (Immigrant & Refugee Services Association) PEI is hiring a full time Employment Specialist.
- IRSA Offices Closed to the Public
- Jan 13 2022
- Charlottetown, Summerside offices closed to public
IRSA PEI offices in Charlottetown and Summerside will remain closed to the public and staff will be working from home through January 21, 2022.
- IRSA holiday office hours
- Dec 20 2021
- Services paused Christmas through New Year's Day; staff working remotely
IRSA services in Charlottetown and Summerside will be paused over the holidays from 27 December through 3 January. Services are currently provided remotely.
Things to Do
- Canada School
- An orientation program to help newcomers adjust to life in Canada
- Canada School program is designed for newcomers to Canada who are new to PEI or have lived here for under two years, but all newcomers are welcome to participate. The program offers a series of presentations on various topics, delivered online or in person.
- Future Readiness Program
- One-on-one mentorship program for newcomer youth
- Are you between the ages of 15 and 18 and have questions about your future? You are not alone! Future Readiness is a program to help young people prepare for life after high school.
- Fresh Air Fridays
- Get some fresh air and explore PEI
- Join us for Fresh Air Fridays! Each week, we explore a new area of Prince Edward Island with newcomers who wish to get to know their new home better. Adults and children are welcome.