News - Announcements - Current Events
Things to Know
- IRSA Employment Opportunity: Volunteer Recruiter
- Feb 02 2023
- Deadline to apply: 8 February
IRSA is looking for a full-time Volunteer Recruiter. This position focuses on recruiting, training and supporting the IRSA volunteers engaged through various programs and projects.
- An Urgent Appeal to Islanders: Host a Family from Ukraine
- Feb 01 2023
- More Ukrainians expected to arrive in PEI
We are appealing to Island residents to consider becoming hosts for Ukrainians fleeing the war in their country. With winter in full swing and much of the heating and water supply infrastructure no longer functional in Ukraine, many who thought they could stay in their country with the ongoing war are now forced to flee.
- IRSA Employment Opportunity: Manager of the Employment Assistance Services
- Jan 30 2023
- Deadline to apply: 10 February 2023
IRSA is looking for a Manager of the Employment Assistance Services (EAS). This role focuses on developing and implementing employment assistance programs at IRSA, and leading the EAS team.
- Get Involved: Opportunity to Serve on IRSA Board of Directors
- Nov 24 2022
- We are looking for expressions of interest
Immigrant & Refugee Services Association PEI is seeking expressions of interest from people who would like to serve on the Board of Directors.
Things to Do
- IRSA's Certified Interpreter Training
- Training session dates to be announced in January
- If you are fluent in English and another language and are interested in joining IRSA's team of interpreters for occasional part-time work, this training is for you. The training is open to new interpreters and those already working in that role with our organization.
- Canada School
- An orientation program to help newcomers adjust to life in Canada
- Canada School program is designed for newcomers to Canada who are new to PEI or have lived here for under two years, but all newcomers are welcome to participate. The program offers a series of presentations on various topics, delivered online or in person.
- Future Readiness Program
- One-on-one mentorship program for newcomer youth
- Are you between the ages of 15 and 18 and have questions about your future? You are not alone! Future Readiness is a program to help young people prepare for life after high school.