Interpretation and Translation Services
Immigrant & Refugee Services Association PEI provides interpreting services for all clients regardless of their immigration class. IRSA interpreters and translators are trained in-house. They are not certified. Interpretation for the following services is free of charge:
- Initial intake at IRSA
- Completion of applications for all essential documents and services (SIN, Child Tax Benefit, PEI Health Cards, etc.)
- Medical, vision, and dental appointments
- School registrations
- New student client intake process
- Parent/teacher interviews
- Meetings with IRSA staff
In some instances where IRSA does not provide interpreters, staff may be able to connect clients with an interpreter, payment would be arranged between the client and interpreter. In these cases, the fees are determined by individual interpreters.
Translation services are provided on a fee-for-service basis for the following:
- Foreign driver's licence ($50.00 per licence and $30.00 for students)
- Employment-related documents
Translation of any document other than a driver's licence is provided at a rate of 20 cents per word. For all other translations, the newcomer client pays IRSA, and translators submit claim forms to IRSA.
Look for contact information on the right side of the page below