IRSA Employment Opportunity: Director of Human Resources
Deadline to apply: 30 May 2022
IRSA is looking for a dynamic Human Resources professional for our newly created role of Director of Human Resources (HR). Ideally, the candidate will be an experienced HR professional who can combine strategic planning and innovative thinking with the ability to directly manage day-to-day issues.
Immigrant & Refugee Services Association PEI - Background
Immigrant & Refugee Services Association PEI (IRSA) is a not-for-profit charitable organization incorporated in 1993 under the name PEI Association for Newcomers to Canada (PEIANC). IRSA was formed to provide short-term settlement services and long-term inclusion and community integration programs for immigrants and refugees in the province of Prince Edward Island. IRSA carries out its work in cooperation with relevant agencies at all levels of Government as well as with community organizations, the private sector, and individuals.
IRSA is an equal opportunity employer committed to building a skilled and diverse workforce.
As a well-versed leader, you will partner in the continued growth and development of a seasoned team, working closely with senior leadership. While you will be IRSA’s sole HR practitioner, you will be in a team of other administrative functions and will report directly to the Executive Director.
Responsibilities are (but are not limited to):
- Recruitment and Retention
- Employee Relations
- Strategy and Policy
- A bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or a related field of study is required; a master’s degree related to HR would be an asset
- Professional designation such as a Chartered Professional in Human Resources (CPHR) would be an asset
- Minimum of 5 years of progressive Human Resources leadership experience
- Demonstrated experience in all aspects of Human Resource Management
- Proven success in leading the fair and consistent execution of Human Resources policies and procedures
- Proven track record in leading change and transformational initiatives
- Experience in the not-for-profit sector would be an asset
- Experience with employment law and immigration regulations would be an asset
Skills, abilities, and other:
- Exceptional relationship building, client service, and communication skills
- Ability to listen, motivate, and support others
- Ability to demonstrate a collaborative and flexible approach to problem-solving
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Bilingualism would be considered an asset
- Comfort with multi-lingual and intercultural work environments
- Must currently be able to work in Canada
- Satisfactory criminal record check to work with vulnerable populations
IRSA provides a competitive salary in the range of $65,000 and $75,000 with an exceptional benefits package, including a cost-shared group insurance plan and RRSP matching.
If this new and dynamic position interests you, please apply by 4 p.m. Monday, 30 May 2022.
If you have questions about this position, please contact:
As an employer who values diversity in its workforce, we encourage all interested candidates to apply. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.