Immigrant & Refugee Services Association PEI
Immigrant & Refugee Services Association PEI (IRSA) can:
- help you settle in PEI
- set up a language assessment and help you get enrolled in English classes for immigrants if needed
- provide information, training and resources to you
- match you with volunteers for support and friendship
- assist you to become independent and help you find employment, or
- help you become self-employed or start a business if this is something you intend to pursue
IRSA also works with agencies, schools, community groups, and governments to help them understand the needs of immigrants. Further, it informs Islanders about the benefits of immigration, the current situation with refugees around the world, and the reasons why people leave their homelands. Through these activities, IRSA helps create a more welcoming community here in the province of Prince Edward Island for all immigrants, regardless of their immigration class or country of origin.
If you are an immigrant settling in PEI, it is a good idea for you to register as a client at the IRSA, if you have not done so already. Even if your English or French is fluent, and you think you have all the skills and resources needed to integrate into the society, you might benefit from staying in touch.